Eating for Healthy Hair
Updated: Feb 26, 2021
Whether I'm at the cottage or full time RVing, I notice my hair takes a beating. I'm always pulling it into a bun or ponytail it seems like because I work in my RV garden or I'm renovating the cottage. So I've done some research and found 5 hair-supporting foods that can help prevent hair loss and give me healthier hair.
Hair loss and unhealthy hair are more common than you might think. Among full time RVers, we tend to skip haircuts and such because we are on the road as a permanent lifestyle. The good news is nutrients that nourish the scalp and follicles can prevent thinning, unhealthy hair including reducing hair loss.
Try the following five foods. I've given this a try for about two months now and have really started noticing a difference! Let me know in the comments if it works for you.
5 Healthy Hair Supporting Foods That Prevent Hair Loss
1. Eggs are rich in protein but also critical for hair follicle health. The amino acids act like keratin, which is the primary protein found in our hair. Lack of protein in the diet has been linked to hair loss as well as dry, brittle, and unhealthy hair. So pick up a dozen eggs for your RV kitchen!
2. Spinach is an excellent source of iron, which is essential to proper hair growth as well. Spinach is also high in Vitamin C, an antioxidant that helps the body absorb the iron from the diet and production of collagen.
3. Sunflower Seeds are a great source of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects your scalp, follicle, and overall hair health. It has been found that people with significant hair loss were deficient in
Vitamin E and thus needed to add to their diets.
4. Plums are loaded with polyphenols and antioxidants which makes them the perfect protector for your scalp and follicles from oxidative stress. This kind of stress is even been linked to graying!
5. Nutritional Yeast is not your typical yeast you bake bread with! I'm partial to Bragg's Nutritional Yeast Seasoning because it's great on everything from my pasta to salad dishes.
Rich in B vitamins, thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin, nutritional yeast is a super hero. It protects your hair from stress, shedding, and hair loss.
MY RECIPE TIP: Sprinkle some Bragg's Seasoning on hot popcorn you make at your campfire!
Photo via Amazon
Which healthy hair food do you like best? Do you have any healthy hair recommendations that you might make? If so, add your suggestions to the comment box below. I'd love hearing your thoughts and ideas.
If you liked these healthy hair for RVers, please share this article with all your social friends. Spread the word! Campers do not have to have unhealthy hair... ;)